UK & Ireland Program Manager
Julia is a Midwesterner from Des Moines, Iowa. She first came to London as an intern for the US-UK Fulbright Commission and immediately fell in love with this vibrant city.
Julia then went on to study at King’s College London, where she received her MA in Education, Policy and Society. Her passion for international education and student services led her to Academic Solutions, where she has enjoyed helping others transition to life in the United Kingdom.
Julia enjoys reading, travelling, live music, cooking and spending quality time with family/friends.
- Support study abroad students throughout their stay in the United Kingdom and Ireland
- Liaise with sending universities, visiting faculty and adjunct teaching staff
- Develop new programming for our US university partners
- Manage ‘Engagement Unit’ dedicated to internships, community service learning, voluntary experience and other forms of cultural engagement
- Organise and facilitate student orientations, excursions and activities for our study abroad students in the UK and Ireland
- Promote and market our activities and programs
- MA Education, Policy and Society, King’s College London
- BA (Hons), Psychology and English, University of Iowa
Study Abroad Experience
- MA, King’s College London, United Kingdom, 2015
- Extensive travel in Italy, 2010-2015
- Administrator, The Junior League of London, UK
- Outreach and Advising Intern, The US-UK Fulbright Commission, UK
- Programme Facilitator, Community Youth Concepts, USA
- Student Affairs Intern, Grand View University, USA
- Crisis Line Counsellor, Crisis Center of Johnson County, USA