Spain Program Manager
Kristin hails from Michigan and has a passion for international education, travelling and learning about new cultures. Her love of cultural diversity can be attributed to an upbringing in a multiethnic community and to her education in Intercultural Studies and Mediation.
Kristin’s extensive travels have not only allowed her to discover new places, but they have also shaped how she sees the world and showed her the importance of understanding cultural complexities to become a more empathetic member of her own community.
Though her Midwest roots are strong, Kristin grows fonder of and closer to the culture of Barcelona and Catalonia everyday.
- Chief academic officer and liaison between sending universities, students and host universities
- Primary contact for all student health and safety concerns.
- Organize and support student arrivals, orientations, activities and excursions.
- Develop and improve programming for new, current and prospective clients.
- Student risk management.
- MA in Translation, Interpretation and Intercultural Studies (specialization in Translation and Mediation) from Universitat Autònoma of Barcelona
- BA in Communication Studies from Michigan State University, Michigan, USA. Graduated with high honors.
Study Abroad Experience
- Liberal Arts and Spanish Language, Seville, Spain (2001-2002)
- Spanish Language, Literature and Culture, Santander, Spain (2003)
- Freelance translator and English teacher, Barcelona
- Study Abroad Program Coordinator, Active Learning Abroad, Barcelona
- Office Manager, Advance Languages, Barcelona
- Fundraiser and Event Coordinator, Michigan Democratic Party, Michigan, USA
- Travelling, learning, Pilates, music and gastronomy.