Ryan’s experience in the early 80s in London propelled him into volunteering for the Peace Corps which in turn led him back into study abroad, this time as a resident director for the School for International Training in Kenya.
In 1998 Ryan recognized a need for a flexible, supportive and dynamic organization to help US universities respond to increasing demands for study abroad opportunities by their students. Through steady growth, hard work and references from our partners, we slowly expanded to offer new services that continue to evolve to meet changing study abroad needs and interests.
- Ensure the quality of all program delivery to our US university partners and their students
- Ensure we provide better price, service and relationship management than our competitors
- Develop additional programs, markets and partners
- Support study abroad students
- Maintain a visible and active presence at international education conferences
- Communicate regularly with sending and receiving university partners to ensure the satisfaction of these institutions and their students
- MA, International Studies and Diplomacy, University of London (SOAS): awarded distinction
- MA, International Education, School for International Training
- BA, Business Administration, University of Washington
Study Abroad Experience
- AHA London Program
- US Peace Corps (Kenya)
- School for International Training (Kenya)
- Marymount College (United Kingdom)
- Director, Academic Solutions, London
- London Director, Marymount College (Fordham University)
- Director, CSA School for International Training, Kenya
- Administrative Assistant, Office of Minority Affairs, University of Washington
- Volunteer, US Peace Corps, Kenya
- NAFSA: Member since 1995, exhibitor, workshop and panel presenter at annual conferences.
- Forum on Education Abroad: Member, exhibitor and panel presenter at annual conferences since 2008.
- EAIE: Member since 2005, panel presenter at annual conferences.
- AASAP-UK: Member since 1995, past Chair and Executive Committee member.